Jewelry City Steampunk Festival is a celebration of steampunk culture that takes place annually around Halloween. You can support this free event in multiple locations throughout the city. As a federally-recognized 501(c)3 charitable organization, we rely on donations to help run the festival.
In October 2017, over 1500 steampunk enthusiasts celebrated the culture at the festival. In 2018, despite a raging nor’easter, we still had around 750 attendees. In 2019, over 2,000 attendees flooded Attleboro with steampunk shenanigans! Without your donation today, we won’t be able to host a fun and family-friendly festival in the heart of real-life jewelry city, Attleboro, Massachusetts.
Our costs include:
- Performers and programs ($2,000)
- Recording equipment, software and accessories such as microphones and lighting ($1,000)
- Marketing ($1,000)
- Interactive website game ($200)
- Changing government forms to upkeep correct board information ($200)
- New website for Steampunks of New England ($100)
- Web services for http://www.jewelrycitysteampunk.com ($100)
Costs are partly covered by a grant from the Attleboro Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency and Attleboro Jewelers. Other costs are paid by donations from board members. For the rest we rely on donations from people who are enthusiastic about supporting fledgling festivals such as Jewelry City and who are interested in steampunk culture. Your donations are important and appreciated.