- This event is family friendly; please keep that in mind at all times.
- There is no smoking inside any of the venues. This includes vaping. There is a designated smoking area in the Balfour Riverwalk. We want all of our attendees to be comfortable.
- On the vending floors of the Ezekiel Bates Masonic Lodge, nothing may be consumed except for water. Please visit the Lounge floor to consume anything else.
- No working guns, fake or real, are allowed at the festival. Any weapon that is part of a costume must be checked by a volunteer at the Welcome Table. Please see our weapons policy for full details.
- No children may be left unattended at the children’s activity area. Please be sure you can see your child participating in the activities at all time. This is not a babysitting service.
- Pets are not allowed at any of our indoor locations.
- Please obtain verbal permission from people before taking their picture, or video recording them. If a person says no, please do not take their picture. Even if an individual is in costume, do not assume they wish for their photo to be taken. Likewise, if someone in costume who is okay with their picture being taken is taking a break (eating, sitting, resting in any way, enjoying a show or shopping, etc.) please allow them that restful period. Use good judgement and etiquette to request a photo when they seem ready.
- If possible, obtain consent before taking the picture/video recording. If the nature of the photograph (action or candid) precludes advance consent, please ask for consent after the picture has been taken and be willing to delete digital photos (or agree not to process if for a film camera) if requested. This is not license to take deliberately awkward, embarrassing or inappropriate photographs.
- We acknowledge that there is a difference between being the picture, and being in the picture – by attending this event, you acknowledge that you may inadvertently appear in the background of photographs and/or video recordings, or in general location photos/videos. If you are uncomfortable with appearing in this type of photograph, or in having them published, attendees have the right to inform the photographer of such, and the photographer must abide by those wishes.
- We have official festival photographers circulating at the event, so be aware that you may end up in the background of photos of events. If you find yourself in a picture on the Jewelry City website and want the photo removed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take care of it.
- When stopping to take photographs in the hallways and vendor spaces, please be considerate of your fellow attendees by being brief and not blocking traffic.
- Please use discretion with flash photography. Some performers require intense concentration during their performance – for your safety as well as their own. Please be considerate when photographing performances.